Website Visitor Statisticsnikon coolpix digital camera

Tuesday 30 March 2010

Commentary: Jill Scott Talks Interracial Dating

Left: Jill Scott

Jill Scott is a three-time Grammy Award-winning artist, writer, actress, philanthropist and mother. She gives her views on interracial dating in Essence Magazine
Is the era of white guilt coming to a close? Hat tip Amrem

You know the moment when you realize that fine, accomplished brother is with a White woman? Let's call it "the wince." Three-time Grammy Award-winning artist, writer, actress, philanthropist, mother and all-around Renaissance woman, Jill Scott gets to the root of our feelings on the matter.

My new friend is handsome, African-American, intelligent and seemingly wealthy. He is an athlete, loves his momma, and is happily married to a White woman. I admit when I saw his wedding ring, I privately hoped. But something in me just knew he didn't marry a sister. Although my guess hit the mark, when my friend told me his wife was indeed Caucasian, I felt my spirit...wince. I didn't immediately understand it. My face read happy for you. My body showed no reaction to my inner pinch, but the sting was there, quiet like a mosquito under a summer dress. Read more

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

My Zimbio